Dried ginger/ (سونٹھ/Saunth) is nothing but fresh ginger, which has undergone a drying process. The fresh rhizomes are soaked in water overnight after which the outer peel is carefully removed using a knife or a peeler. The end result is a pale white dried ginger.
- An upset stomach can be annoying and painful at the same time. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that help the stomach to neutralise the digestive juices and further stimulates food absorption, eliminating the excess gas from intestinal tracts
- Dry ginger powder contains thermogenic agents that are useful to burn fat. Regular consumption of ginger powder may actually help in boosting your metabolism and burning off the excess fat further helping you lose weight. Make sure to add ginger to your daily diet to aid weight loss.
- Ginger powder is an easy solution for motion sickness and morning sickness in pregnant women. Ginger powder mixed with water is highly effective in preventing nausea. It soothes the stomach and gives relief from inflammation. So, now you know what to try when you have motion or morning sickness.
- The anti-inflammatory gingerols and shaogals present in ginger root help relieve common cold. Consuming it with lukewarm water can have immediate effects on cold and flu. You can also mix ginger powder, clove powder and salt and consume it twice a day for relief.
- Dried ginger powder is commonly used in spices and masalas, curries and stews. Other than adding flavor, adding a pinch of this spice in rajma and chhole masala can help prevent excess gas in the stomach.
- A cup of masala tea is great for common cold or a sore throat. Mix cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, fennel and ginger powder to make a hot cup of tea.
- Dried ginger powder is used to add flavor to ginger candies that help in treating flatulence.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties and anti-bacterial properties help to unclog pores and kill acne-causing bacteria.